September 12, 2013
So many actors believe that having an agent is the KEY to success. They are wrong. The most important key is YOU. A successful actor is PREPARED for success. He or she is motivated, organized, serious and prepared.
Most of an agencies work is done behind the scenes. An agent is constantly meeting new talent, reading scripts, choosing headshots, tweaking resumes, researching projects, submitting on breakdowns, emailing back and forth with casting, scheduling, and making sure you are in the mix for opportunities as they arise.
A successful actor has given his or her agent:
Updated photos (at least once per year)
* SEVERAL COPIES OF THEIR 8X10 HEADSHOTS
* DIGITAL VERSIONS OF THEIR HEADSHOT IMAGES
Updated resumes (several times a year or whenever an update is necessary)
* HARD COPY & DIGITAL RESUMES
** This includes updates to the SKILLS or TRAINING sections in your resumes, NOT just bookings.
* ANY COMMERCIAL OR TV/FILM CLIPS
* REELS (COMMERCIAL, TV, VOICE-OVER, ETC)
* As a serious actor- we assume you are ALWAYS available. Be sure to give us your “book out dates” – when you are unavailable for any reason. Calendars are kept on each talent and submissions are made to tailor your schedule as much as possible.
Updated copies of Legal Documents
For youth clients, this is a copy of your CHILD PERFORMER PERMIT and trust account information. (You must update this permit ONCE a year and send the updated copies to your agent.)
For adult clients this includes copies of work visas, check authorization forms, etc.
If you have done all of the above, you are prepared for Success.